Assuming you serve as the Information security director at a start-up health care research firm, where confidential client data is housed in its Data Center. Currently, the company has 100 employees and expects to expand its workforce to 300 in the next three (3) months and the company is moving to a new location in an urban office building across four (4) floors. The security operations and defensive mechanisms have been run in the past by the Networking Department and due to the move, you have a chance to start anew with the company’s security operations to improve its overall security posture.
1. Identify what you perceive to be the five (5) most concerning threats to the network, computing environment, and the database operations of the company.
2. Examine each threat you identified in number 1, in which you:
-2.A Explain why this is your perception.
-2.B Identify what is at risk from these threats.
-2.C Determine how you would design the security controls to mitigate the risks involved.
3. Determine the security defense mechanisms that you would utilize in order to secure communications from floor to floor in the office space, including equipment and physical controls.
4. Explain in detail the defensive mechanisms that you would implement to secure the corporate wireless network, including encryption, authentication methods, and at least two (2) WLAN security tools you would utilize on a regular basis.
5. Determine whether or not you would utilize encryption technologies on the network and / or computing equipment. Justify your response.
6. Consider the use of a cloud-based solution for storing the company’s data. Determine the benefits and / or risks that would result using this kind of data storage, and decide whether or not you would utilize this storage option. Justify your decision.
7. Select a minimum of five (5) security tools that you would implement on the network as security auditing and / or defense countermeasures.
8. Analyze each security tool you selected in number 8, and determine why / how you would use them as part of your security operations.
9. Provide an overview of the recovery and continuity plans you would develop to ensure the company could survive a temporary or prolonged disruption. Explain why each plan is needed based on the benefits it provides to the company.
Place your order with us for a custom-written paper on this or a similar topic at discounted rates.
We guarantee you:
- Essays written from scratch, 100% original,
- Delivery within deadlines,
- Competitive prices and excellent quality,
- 24/7 customer support,
- Priority on your privacy,
- Unlimited, free revisions upon request, and
- Plagiarism free work,