Need it by Friday
Times New Roman
Title: “So you want to be a writer? & “The Journey”.( Poem)
Author: Charles Bukowski & Mary Oliver.
Using poems from our class poetry packet, please compare 2 poems. You can choose poems by one poet (if there are two in packet, like with Mary Oliver) or use work from two poets.
DEVELOP A COMPARISON THESIS BASED ON THE TWO WORKS. YOU NEED A SPECIFIC ARGUMENT THESIS THAT COMPARES (NOT CONTRASTS) THE TWO POEMS.
– YOU CAN COMPARE THINGS SUCH AS TONE, SPEAKER, LANGUAGE, FORMAT, THEMES, OR ANY COMBINATION OF THESE. YOU ARE LOOKING FOR SPECIFIC ELEMENTS OF THE POEMS THAT ARE SIMILAR. I WANT YOUR IDEAS ABOUT THE POEMS, NOT OUTSIDE SOURCES.
Example of a thesis format: The Poems “Poem 1” “and “Poem 2” share the similar theme of unrequited love and have a melancholy tone.
Quote lines from the poems and use specific examples to support your argument.
Use either a block or point-by-point format (see info on our Moodle site/Compare and Contrast handout posted under week starting November 23).
– Have a specific working thesis before you begin writing and utilize pre-writing techniques.
– Use quotation marks for titles of poems.
– Quote specific lines from the poems to prove your points. Use MLA style. See the Owl Purdue Link or the poetry sections in Writing About Literature.
– Use present tense when discussing the poems in your paper.
Place your order now to enjoy great discounts on this or a similar topic.
People choose us because we provide:
Essays written from scratch, 100% original,
Delivery within deadlines,
Competitive prices and excellent quality,
24/7 customer support,
Priority on their privacy,
Unlimited free revisions upon request, and
Plagiarism free work,