FIN7035 15FS Case write-up
Case name: Landmark Facility Solutions
Due Date: November 13, 2015
The case presents you with the basic problem that many firms are faced with-“Do I acquire another company and if so what should we pay for it and how should we structure the new firm?” This case asks you to consider the following issues:
- Valuing the acquisition opportunity.
- What is the right financing for the transaction (what is the right combination of debt and equity?).
- How do I create the pro forma financial statements (forecasting)?
- What is the appropriate valuation model(s) and what are the appropriate discount rates?
- What are the projected cash flows of the opportunity and how are those cash flows used to evaluate the acquisition opportunity?
- How do the key assumptions affect the valuation of the acquisition and the firm’s ability to service the debt? (use of sensitivity analysis).
- Consider both the short term and long term financial policies (which include target capital structure and the limitations imposed by debt service) and the interaction between investment and financing decisions.
Your write-up should address the major issues that the case presents. At a minimum, the issues listed below should be addresses by you. There may be other issues presented by the case that you notice, please feel free to address those issues as well. I have uploaded an excel spreadsheet that contains the data in the case’s exhibits (should make things a little easier for you). Use spreadsheet for your pro forma financial statements and the firm valuation models (including any sensitivity analysis you do and discount rate calculation). Market comps are included for three firms and provide valuable insight as to capital structure and appropriate discount rate information.
As with any decision making process you will have to make certain assumptions. Make sure that your assumptions are clearly stated and that it’s obvious what your assumption refers to, how it is being used and how it influenced your output and/or decisions. In other words make the connections and have those connections easy to follow.
Be direct. You are asked to address certain issues and questions. Be sure you answer and address those concerns. If it is easier for you to break down your paper into sections (based upon the issues and concerns that you are addressing) that’s fine just make sure it is easy to follow.
The work must be your own work. If you use any outside sources in your write-up those sources must be cited. Keep in mind that citations in no way detract from your work. If any information is taken directly from an outside source (word for word) it must be in quotations.
To access the case use the link provided in Blackboard. I have uploaded an Excel spreadsheet that contains all of the exhibits. All of your valuation work should be done in Excel.
Issues that your write up should address:
- Does Broadway benefit from acquiring Landmark? If so how and based upon what? Can the $120 mil bid be justified and if so what justifies or does not justify the bid?
- If Broadway proceeds with the acquisition which financing alternatives should be chosen, and why? Be sure to discuss how and if Broadway will be capable of servicing its debt after the acquisition.
- How do the two financing methods affect the value of the acquisition to existing shareholders of Broadway? Be specific.
- Does Broadway reduce shareholder value if it selects the mix of debt and equity financing alternative? What is the cost of equity dilution?
- Be sure to include the appropriate pro forma financial statements and appropriate valuation models.
- Also provide details of how you calculated your cost of capital and how the cost of capital will be impacted by the various financing options.
- Be sure to value both companies pre and post-acquisition.
- What is the value of the acquisition to Broadway under both expected and pessimistic scenarios?p(5)
Place your order now to enjoy great discounts on this or a similar topic.
People choose us because we provide:
Essays written from scratch, 100% original,
Delivery within deadlines,
Competitive prices and excellent quality,
24/7 customer support,
Priority on their privacy,
Unlimited free revisions upon request, and
Plagiarism free work,