Instructions: Complete the matrix by providing the Time Period/Date(s) in column B, and the Description and Significance of the People/Event(s) to American History in column C. (See complete instructions in the Syllabus for the Module 7 assignment entitled, “Timeline Part IV.” NOTE: The timeline project does not need to be submitted to turnitin.
NOTE: Please write your answers in a clear and concise manner. Limit your submission of the Timeline Part IV up to 250 words per topic/subtopic. For example, if a topic is divided into 3 subtopics, you may write a maximum of 250 per subtopic listed. Be sure to cite all sources.
Major Event/Theme in American History Time Period/Date(s) Description and Significance of the People/Event(s) to American History
1) The causes of the Cold War and its effects on the politico-economic and cultural milieus of the U.S.; include:
a) The Truman doctrine
b) The Korean War
c) Eisenhower and the 1950s
d) JFK and the Cuban missile crisis and the JFK Assassination
e) Johnson and the Great Society
2) The theme (thread) of God-given rights/freedoms as it relates to:
a) The Civil Rights Movement
b) The Vietnam War
c) The Women’s Rights Movement
3) The cumulative effect of the integrity crisis in the Johnson (Vietnam) and Nixon (Watergate) presidencies on the cultural milieu of the nation.
4) The conservative revolution of the 1980s, including the impact of the “Religious Right” and the legacy of the Reagan Administration.
5) The end of the Cold War in the early 1990s (including the fall of the Berlin Wall).
6) Trends in American Domestic and Foreign Policy in the post-Cold War Era.