I. General Ideas:
1. Read, mark, discuss, and reread the essays in the course packet: “Shop ‘til We Drop?” “Lunchbox Hegemony,” “Which One of These Sneakers Is Me?” “”Lux Populi, “With These Words I Can Sell You Anything,” “Economy.”
2. Analyze and assess your consumption patterns and your attitude about consumption. Analyze and assess the influence of advertising and marketing in your consumption patterns and attitude. Use and refer to two of the published essays listed above.
The published essays are rich in ideas and claims. You may recognize yourself, or you may find you’re nothing like the kind of consumer the authors discuss. In a sense, what you’re doing is affirming or refuting the writers’ ideas and claims, based on your own thinking and experience. Avoid superficiality. This writing task requires deep thought, reflection, and analysis, as well as skillful use of sources.
3. When quoting, paraphrasing, summarizing, and referring to the published essays, be sure to identify the author and the essay. Check the MLA guidelines on how to do that. A good source for finding such information is through the SSC Writing Center site:
or the Purdue OWL: https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/
Be sure to have a directly-stated thesis somewhere in the essay.
II. Format and Other Matters:
2. The paper should be titled, and it should be typed in 12 point font, New Times Roman or similar style, one inch margins.
3. A presentable draft is due Monday, November 23. Bring four copies to class that day by 9:00 a.m., and post the presentable draft by 11:59 p.m. the same day. Any paper that does not go through the WIT process will not be accepted.
4. The final draft is due Monday, November 30, by 9:00 a.m. Post a copy of the final draft by 11:59p.m. the same day. Any late paper will be downgraded a whole point on the 4.0 grade scale per day.
5. The paper will be evaluated and graded in terms of substance, unity, organization, development, coherence, style, correctness, depth of understanding, and depth of thought.p(4)
Place your order now to enjoy great discounts on this or a similar topic.
People choose us because we provide:
Essays written from scratch, 100% original,
Delivery within deadlines,
Competitive prices and excellent quality,
24/7 customer support,
Priority on their privacy,
Unlimited free revisions upon request, and
Plagiarism free work,
Unlike most other websites we deliver what we promise;
- Our Support Staff are online 24/7
- Our Writers are available 24/7
- Most Urgent order is delivered with 6 Hrs
- 100% Original Assignment Plagiarism report can be sent to you upon request.
GET 15 % DISCOUNT TODAY use the discount code PAPER15 at the order form.