Assignment 2: Gene Technology
Gene technology carries with it social and ethical implications—many of which engender personal views
Write a four (4)page paper in which you:
1. Select one (1) of the following biotechnology topics to explore, providing a sound rationale for
• Genetically modified crop plants
• Genetically modified microorganisms
• Genetically modified animals
• Personal genomics and / or personalized medicine for humans
• Gene therapy
2. Organize your paper into the following three (3) sections.
a. Biological basis. Describe the technology. Discuss what it accomplishes. Elaborate on
the scientific principles that make this technology possible. Your goal in this section of the paper is to show the instructor that you understand the underlying science behind the technology. Describe how exactly the technology works. Discuss the biological principles that underlie this technology.
b. Social and ethical implications. Without disclosing your personal view about this
technology, provide an analysis of its social and ethical implications. State the ethical
concerns apparent in the use of this technology. Discuss the benefits and risks. Your goal
in this section is to look at all sides of the issue. In the next section, you will give your
c. Personal viewpoint. In the previous section, your goal was to be as objective as possible,
to look at all sides of the issues. In this section, your goals are to give a personal opinion
about the technology and provide a justification of that opinion.
ORDER THIS ESSAY HERE NOW AND GET A DISCOUNT !!!