Identifying an Academic Argument
Purpose: To clarify the notion of argument in an academic context
Introduction: This activity is designed to help you understand the notion of argument in a scholarly context.
Individual task: Watch the YouTube video (Argument Essay: How to Write a Persuasive Paper) and respond to the following prompts in your workbook. You may also wish to consult the helpsheet for further reference: Critical Thinking Helpsheet.pdf.
- Identify a debate in the literature that relates to an aspect of your research (such as a theory, a model or a method).
- Identify and describe TWO opposing views to this debate.
- In no less than 100 words, describe the evidence that each side of the debate has employed to support their claims.
Creating Your Own Scholarly Argument
Purpose: To provide you with a framework for creating your own scholarly arguments
Introduction: This activity is designed to help you identify key elements to consider when building an academic argument, and to assist you in developing rigorous arguments for your research.
Individual task: Based on your responses and descriptions in Activity 7.1, respond to the following
- Provide a statement of claim that clearly identifies your position in relation to the various ways people have applied a theory, model or method that is relevant to your research problem.
- What evidence or information is available that supports your position? (e.g., Results or discussions from previous research, AS or ISO standards, established technique in a field of practice, etc.)
- b. How exactly does the set of evidence support your position?
- What other claims and evidence are available that may have challenged your proposed theory, model or method?
2. In no less than 150 words, respond to a discussion in an article that challenges the use of a theory or method you have proposed, providing counter-arguments
Place your order now to enjoy great discounts on this or a similar topic.
People choose us because we provide:
Essays written from scratch, 100% original,
Delivery within deadlines,
Competitive prices and excellent quality,
24/7 customer support,
Priority on their privacy,
Unlimited free revisions upon request, and
Plagiarism free work,