PART 1 N 2
1. you may copy my word document so the formatting is correct
2. make sure you have a title page
3. make sure you have a table of contents..
4. title page is always page 1 and table of contents is always page 2….
5. Goal statement ..you are finding out something period. not a lenthy statement…what do you want to find out
6. create five variables, gender is your first one and you must use it
7. take your variable and relate it back to your goal statement like I did in my project example and turn it into a question. Do that for all your variables…
8. Part II Hypotheses/theories..you will have one hypothesis and one theory for each variable. a hypothesis is a statement of fact or you can consider it to be a true/false statement…in this you will use your indicators not the variable..so that means you need to know what those are for your variables
9. Your theory will be your explanation as to why you believe your hypothesis is true. One sentence is not a theory.
How to start the sampling procedure.
1. use my format so the spacing is correct
2. double space this
3. make sure you keep the Babbie statement at the bottom of the page in quotes since I am giving you that. That will be your first reference on the reference list also
4. Sampling procedure or methodology tells me what your plan is for data collection basically. How are you going to get the data if you were doing this for real? How many people will be in your sample size (make sure you have 100 or more); Where/city/state/ are you going to do this in; what is your time frame for data collection; what agency or agencies will you contact to assist you in your data collection (remember you are not doing this for real, just pretend); how will you do this..surveys, interviews, etc., etc.; lastly why are you doing this and don’t say it’s for a class project, pretend you are doing this for publication, etc.
Instructions for cover letter:
1. should be on one page
2. if you have personal information at the top, it should be in the center
3. date should be month, day and year..we are in the civilian world
4. make up and addressee for the agency you are contacting in your samping procedure
5. use my cover letter format because the spacing is correct
6. always leave four spaces so that you can sign your name above your typed signature
Instructions for questionnaire composition:
1. follow my format
2. please don’t misspell the word questionnaire either
3. start your questionnaire out with demographic questions working from the easiest question concernin what is your gender to the most difficult ones. The idea is to not turn off your potential people who will be answering this questionnaire for you..you can have as many questions as you want after you cover your variables and ask the most important one concerning your goal statement.
4. Also never use the word sex unless you are asking them how often they have it…gender is the proper term for males and females and now I suppose you ought to add transgenders in the mix too. You never know in this society these days what you are dealing with..
5. keep your questionnaire to one page because you don’t want to bore your reader. If a questionnaire is too long like the NCVS, many folks will not take the time to fill it out because it takes too long and requires too much of their time. I know I won’t if it reads like a book. keep it short and sweet.
1. YOU MUST FIND TWO (2) ACADEMIC JOURNALS OR ONE (1) TRADE JOURNAL AND ONE (1) ACADEMIC JOURNAL
2. you find these in the Troy Journal database located in the online library at www.troy.edu
3. click on the data base called proquest criminal justice
4. it works just like a google search, put in your topic and click peer reviewed and full text and then submit
5. find an article that relates to your topic, print it and type up a two to three page article brief following my example for each article
6. when citing an article under APA, instead of putting (author, year) at the end of the statement of fact, you would put (p) because you’ve already cited the entire article etc in the first paragraph.
7. each article should be on it’s separate page, do not combine them into one document
8. tell me what the findings are, how it relates to your project and your own opinion as to if this is a good article,etc.
9. double space this article
10. proof read this for grammar, etc.
NOTE; THE AUDIO LECTURE MAY STATE 1-2 PAGES FOR THE ARTICLE BRIEFS, BUT THAT HAS BEEN REVISED TO 2-3 PAGES PER EACH ARTICLE PER BRIEF BY TROY CAMPUS! IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS, EMAIL ME
for this part, you will have one data table per hypothesis..look at my example posted in the lecture button at the bottom for creating univariate data tables. p. 275 talks about univariate table construction..follow my example:
1. you will need a title “distribution of your independent variable and your dependent variable”
2. then you will list the indicators, your raw numbers and percentages
3. obviously you will have a totals column also and these must equal 100%
4. underneath the table you will have a description as to whether or not the data supports your hypothesis
5. each table will be on it’s own page and if you want to add pie charts, bar graphs etc. that is fine, but not required.
Place your order now to enjoy great discounts on this or a similar topic.
People choose us because we provide:
Essays written from scratch, 100% original,
Delivery within deadlines,
Competitive prices and excellent quality,
24/7 customer support,
Priority on their privacy,
Unlimited free revisions upon request, and
Plagiarism free work,