Direct materials variance.
Bandar Industries of Malaysia manufactures sporting equipment. One of the company’s products, a football helmet for the North American Market, requires a special plastic. During the quarter ending June 30, the company manufactured 35,000 helmets, using 22,500 kilograms of plastic. The plastic cost the company $171,000. According to the standard cost card, each helmet should require 0.6 kilograms of plastic, at a cost of $8 per kilogram.
1. According to the standard, what cost for a plastic should have been incurred to make 35,000 helmets? How much greater or less is this that the cost was incurred?
2. Break down the difference computed in (1) above into a materials price variance and a material quantity variance.p(2)
Place your order now to enjoy great discounts on this or a similar topic.
People choose us because we provide:
Essays written from scratch, 100% original,
Delivery within deadlines,
Competitive prices and excellent quality,
24/7 customer support,
Priority on their privacy,
Unlimited free revisions upon request, and
Plagiarism free work,
Unlike most other websites we deliver what we promise;
- Our Support Staff are online 24/7
- Our Writers are available 24/7
- Most Urgent order is delivered with 6 Hrs
- 100% Original Assignment Plagiarism report can be sent to you upon request.
GET 15 % DISCOUNT TODAY use the discount code PAPER15 at the order form.