Books’R’Us is a local bookstore that started in 1978 in a small New England town. Books’R’Us has been able to withstand the challenges of larger bookstore
chains, as well as the internet giant Amazon.com, by offering new and used books and other products in a comfortable location that includes a café with free WiFi.
Books’R’Us recently purchased another local bookstore called Great Books, USA, from an owner who is retiring. Both businesses use a simple bookkeeping
system that includes Microsoft Excel.
The owners of Books’R’Us, Tom and Sarah Smith, would like a more efficient way to store inventory data and report on the various business essentials. They are
also preparing to offer e-commerce on their website. A consulting firm has recommended capturing information in a database and linking access to the database
for each store. Tom and Sarah purchased Microsoft SQL Server to do this. The consulting firm has hired you to complete the database for Books’R’Us. In addition
to creating the database, you will provide a report for your supervisor at the consulting firm; this report should describe the rationale for and proposed
development of the database.
Imagine that you have interviewed the store owners, Tom and Sarah Smith, and these are the questions with which they are most concerned:
1. How many books are sold each month by the publisher? This is important because quantity discounts are available from the publisher.
2. Which authors are the biggest sellers of books in our stores? This is important because the publisher offers discounts for certain authors each month.
3. What books are associated with each publisher?
4. What are the most popular products besides books that are sold in each store? In addition to books, the stores sell magazines, café-specific products like
coffee and pastries, and various gift products.
5. From what region(s) (by ZIP code) do customers visit our stores? This is important because it will assist with future marketing efforts.
6. What customer data must be stored for the e-commerce portion of the website?
In Module Four, submit a systems analysis for your project, including a comprehensive entity-relationship diagram (ERD). Although you may use any tool to
complete the ERD, it is strongly recommended that you use Microsoft Visio and then save the diagram into an image format (GIF or JPG) and then copy and
paste the image into your systems analysis.
All sections of this milestone should be compiled into a single Word document. Furthermore, all of Milestone One should be included in Milestone Two.
This milestone will be graded using the Milestone Two Rubric (below). The milestone should include the following:
· A comprehensive entity-relationship diagram (ERD)
o This must include an appropriate set of attributes for each entity.
· A relational model
o Your relational model should be logical, should reflect strong understanding of the overall function of your
database, and must comply with each of the requirements laid out in the ERD.
· A functional dependencies diagram normalized into 3NF
o Based upon the ERD you create, devise dependency diagrams and normalize the data into 3NF.
o This step will require you to compile a collective list of all the functional dependencies in order to create the
o The data in this section must reflect the list of functional dependencies and must be accurately normalized into
· A functional relational schema normalized into 3NF
o Based upon the ERD and the dependency diagrams, create the relational schema and normalize the data into 3NF.
· A list of proposed queries
o Based on the six questions that most concern the bookstore owners, develop a single query that will answer each
Place your order now to enjoy great discounts on this or a similar topic.
People choose us because we provide:
Essays written from scratch, 100% original,
Delivery within deadlines,
Competitive prices and excellent quality,
24/7 customer support,
Priority on their privacy,
Unlimited free revisions upon request, and
Plagiarism free work,
Unlike most other websites we deliver what we promise;
- Our Support Staff are online 24/7
- Our Writers are available 24/7
- Most Urgent order is delivered with 6 Hrs
- 100% Original Assignment Plagiarism report can be sent to you upon request.
GET 15 % DISCOUNT TODAY use the discount code PAPER15 at the order form.