Assignment 1: Argument Mapping
Write a five page paper in which you:
1. Create an argument map based on the influence diagram presented in Case 1.3 and complete all the criteria provided in the exercise, beginning with this claim: “The U.S. should return to the 55- mph speed limit in order to conserve fuel and save lives.”
2. Include in the map as many warrants, backings, objections, and rebuttals as possible.
3. Assume that the original qualifier was certainly; indicate whether the qualifier changes as we move from a simple, static, uncontested argument to a complex, dynamic and contested argument.
4. Apply the argument mapping procedures to analyze the pros and cons (or strengths and weaknesses) of the recommendations that the United States should not intervene in the Balkans.
5. Write an analysis of 1-2 pages that uses critical thinking to assess the overall plausibility of the claim: “The conflict in Bosnia is somebody else’s trouble. The U.S. should not intervene militarily.”
6. Complete an argument map to illustrate your analysis.
7. Provide at least two (2) academic or government resources to support your views regarding the proposed U.S. response to the conflict in Bosnia. (Note: Do not use open source Websites such Wikipedia, Sparknotes.com, Ask.com, and similar Websites are not acceptable resources.)
ORDER THIS ESSAY HERE NOW AND GET A DISCOUNT !!!